Sunday, January 13, 2013

DietBet Update

One week into the DietBet and I've lost weight.  I am very pleased with my efforts.  I've lost 4 pounds.  Some of that is holiday bloat, I know, but I will take it.  Two more pounds and I'll have lost the weight I put on over the holidays.  Two pounds after that and I will win!  But I do have to keep it off until the final weigh in on Feb. 3. 
I have mainly been focused on the exercise so far.  I've been doing a 100 days challenge and intend to meet my goal of 30 minutes a day of exercise for 100 days.  I think I've already exercised more this month than I did last month. 
However, I am nearing a point where I will absolutely have to clean up my eating.  I've done a bit of that, not eating nearly as many sweets as I did in December, but I am going to have to return to eating more fruits and vegetables and even...shudder....keeping track of my food.
Fortunately for the frugal dieter, there's plenty of free websites that will help you do just that.  My all time favorite one is Sparkpeople.com.  It's completely free, and they have all the trackers you need.  In addition, they have a point system for trophies, and you all know I love me some trophies!  Plus I love to see how long I can do things...I have an 80 some day streak for drinking water.  Can't wait until my exercise streak is that long.
Joining Sparkpeople is free, and you can use my name for a referral (I just get the glow of knowing I've talked about this and spread the Spark.)  I am DixieStartsNew.
Onward!

p.s. Although I have a weight loss goal for the month through DietBet, I'd really like to lose a little more.  I think 10 pounds is reasonable.  That's six pounds to go in three weeks. 

p.s.2 One of my motivators this month, besides hopefully winning $, is a change in insurance at my work.  They give incentives ($ off your premium) for things like having a normal blood pressure, normal blood sugar, and not smoking (if you have hypertension and are controlling it with medication, you still get the incentive).  This year they are adding BMI and waist measurements to the needed incentive list.  At this point, I will not meet the incentive and I need to!  I have until mid March.

No comments:

Post a Comment